You’ve probably heard a lot of hype over antioxidants but don’t understand why? The explanation is quite simple. Antioxidants slow down the process of aging because:
- It enhances the power of sun protection. The easiest way to go about this is to find a sunblock with some Vitamin C and you will soon notice just how much more effective it is in actually protecting your skin from the sun.
- It can also help increase the production of collagen, which we know is the protein in our body that keeps our cells firm, looking young, and vibrant.
- It can be helpful towards further cell damage.
- Depending on the type, it can help prevent the formation of cancer cells.
- It’s great for reducing inflammation of the skin, which is the culprit for a lot of skin concerns, such as eczema, acne, rosacea, and more.
Top 10 Foods Rich in Antioxidants
Eating plenty of food rich in antioxidants is always a positive thing, especially for your skin’s health. Here are 10 top choices for antioxidant richness:
- Green Tea
- Pinto Beans
Top 10 Topical Antioxidants
Now that you know a good list of 10 antioxidants you can intake, what about a list of 10 to apply topically? When buying skincare products, check to see if any of the following are found in the list of ingredients:
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin B
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin E
- Coenzyme Q10
- Ferulic Acid
- Alpha lipoic acid
Always remember your body is a temple and care starts from the inside. Eat healthy food rich in antioxidants and apply antioxidant rich products for smoother, healthier, younger looking skin.